Discover The Chinese Herb
Scientific Studies that Support the
Effectiveness of Jiaogulan
The list below includes a partial list of studies on Jiaogulan and its chemical components.
1. Cholesterol - Jiaogulan lowers total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and raises HDL cholesterol. More than 20 papers have been published on the subject with effectiveness reported as ranging from 67 to 93%. It also inhibits platelet aggregation which lessens the chance of a stroke or heart attack. See the Dangers of Trans Fatty Acids.
2. Antioxidant - This herb has been shown in tests to lower the amount of superoxide radical and hydrogen peroxide in certain white blood cells, an excellent indicator of antioxidant activity. Jiaogulan also has the remarkable property of increasing endogenous SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) in the body. SOD is one of the body's most important antioxidants and studies show that charting SOD levels in various animal species is a reliable indicator of their longevity. Trials in humans showed that SOD levels returned to youthful levels after taking 20 mg of Gypenosides (active principle) daily for one month.
3. Adaptogen - Jiaogulan modulates the nervous system. It calms an overexcited nervous system and stimulates a depressed one. 300 professional athletes were the subject of a study. All the athletes reported that taking this herb before competition made them vigorous and alert with quick reflexes. Yet, it also made them less nervous.
4. Insomnia - 112 cases of insomnia reported a sleep improvement of 89 to 95 percent.
5. Blood Pressure - 223 patients were divided into three groups. One group took Ginseng, the next took Jiaogulan and the last took the blood pressure medication, Indapamide. The effectiveness was rated at 46% for Ginseng, 82% for Jiaogulan and 93% for Indapamide. This herb modulates blood pressure, lowering it when it is too high and raising it when it is too low.
6. Cardiac function - Jiaogulan increases cardiac function. In a study combined with some other herbs heart stroke volume increased 37% and cardiac output increased by 21% on the average. Ejection fraction increased by 13%. Subjects had normal blood pressure which did not change although heart rate decreased by 10%.
7. White blood cells - Jiaogulan increases the production of white blood cells in white cell deficient patients such as those who have recently undergone chemotherapy or radiation treatments.
8. Immunostimulant - This herb modulates lymphocyte formation and increases lymphocyte activity. It was also found to greatly enhance the activity of NK (Natural Killer cells) in cancer patients.
9. Diabetes - A study of 46 patients with Diabetes Mellitus showed an improvement of 89% in their condition. Another study also showed satisfactory results.
10.Hepatitis B - 100 patients were given Jiao gu lan for 3 months. Effectiveness was rated at 89%. Another study of 200 patients yielded similar results. Other studies showed the ability to protect the liver from various toxic chemicals such as carbon tetrachloride.
- A study of 86 cases of chronic bronchitis had an effectiveness rate of
93%. Another study of 96 cases had a 92% effectiveness rate.
|US Tax Return Preparation Specializing in Xpat tax returns the world over. US-Taxman.com||Web hosting from $5.95 a month with free Name Registration, simply the best. Check us out.||Guaranteed SECURE hosting. Offering secure hosting for privacy of your business person and affairs|